- March 23rd 2019 at the Turku Castle
The classic tale of the Sleeping Beauty returns to its origins, as the Duke's musicians of the Early Music Society along with the young students from Turku conservatory of Music take us through the familiar story, featuring many musical treasures from the 16th and 17th centuries.
This concert is suitable for people of all ages. Narrated in Finnish and Swedish.
Tickets: 12/8 €, 0-1-year-olds 0 €
Reservations and enquiries: email@example.com
- December 15th at 3 p.m. at restaurant Koulu
The Most Beautiful Old Carols
I fortunati (Topias Tiheäsalo, baroque guitar & Tuomas Kourula, theorbo) with Maikki Säikkä & Katariina Lappi (sopranos) and Pauliina Isomäki (recorders) perform old Christmastime music.
Tickets 15/10€ at the door
- November 27th 2018 at 7 p.m. at Wäinö Aaltonen's museum:
A concert by vocal band Cavalier. Music from the Middle Ages, with compositions also from the Renaissance period.
- Aino Kola ja Katariina Lappi, sopranos
- Sanna Kola, mezzo-soprano
- Kristina Raudanen, alto
- Heikki Korhonen, baritone
- Matti Torhamo, baritone
- November 10th 2018 at6 p.m. at the church of St. Mary
(Maunu Tavastin katu 2, Turku)
Dal morte alla vita - From Death to Life. Baroque ensemble I fortunati plays music from the 17th century. Monteverdi, Sances, Agneletti and Carissimi take the listeners through a many-faceted journey from deep sorrow into joy.
Anneliina Koskinen & Maikki Säikkä, sopranos
Topias Tiheäsalo, baroque guitar
Tuomas Kourula, theorbo
- October 14th 2018 Tampere cathedral
A concert by Turku and Tampere early music societies
Debra Gomez-Tapio, artistic director and harps
Janek Öller, recorders
Aira Maria Lehtipuu, violin
Ilpo Laspas, organ and harpsichord
Anu Mattila, Kaisa Kelloniemi, sopranos
Anna Edgren, Elina Aho-Kuusama, altos
Juho Punkeri, Mats Lillhannus, tenors
Lauri Solin, Pekka Alonen, basses
- August 26th 2018 at 6 p.m. and 7 p.m. in the Qwensel house:
Bellman Trio visits Turku to give a concert.
- August 16th 2018 at 4-9 p.m. Night of the arts
Turku Early Music Society members perform at various places along the Aura river